Friday, November 5, 2010

The Christian Creation Account

Through the centuries many accounts of creation have survived and some still believed today. Tepeu and Gucumatz, Vishnu and Brahma, Primordial Singularity and Cosmic Egg, Allah, String Theory and the Theory of Everything, etc.
Recently a friend asked, "Why do you prefer the Christian creation account?"

I believe in a Creator God, a sovereign self-existent being of infinite love, a God who did not design me to be a robot but gave me a free will. I may choose to deny Him and even hate Him. I may choose to thank Him and even worship Him. He does not interfere with or coerce my choice but in fact has provided through Jesus the Christ the assurance that our individual choice will be preserved for eternity. So whether Creator God thought, breathed, spoke, or plucked strings, the whole Cosmic Egg is in His Hands.

No comments: