Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Things I've always wanted to see...

Still thinking of my wonderful vacation in Minnesota, several subjects come to mind. Food for one. If you find yourself driving in Minnesota and go through Cloquet, you must stop to eat at Gordy's. Let me just say fresh red raspberry milkshake...

Of course bald eagles always come to mind. We have a few eagles here in Massachusetts too. One winter while driving to work, I watched an eagle flying low over the Wachusett Reservior next to the road as crowded sticky snow flakes fell to the ground. Several times in my life the sighting of a bald eagle has been a sign of assurance in difficulty to me.

I mustn't forget Sunny, our constant companion. She's a six year old ivory lab who loves to swim and dig rocks up off the lake bottom. Don't ask me...

But there are two things I've never seen in all the years I've been around. Even my kids have been privileged to see moose and the northern lights. But never me.

Check out the mom and baby moose.

No comments: